Who we are
Our website address is: https://changeclinic.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- 1.1 The registered SMAHOO Change Clinic (2009/02/11) now also operating its domain www.changeclinic.org and www.changeclinic.online has of (2022-04-30) will be branded and trading as “SMAHOO Change Clinic & Mind Spa Experience” with its registered address at 4501 37 Street NW, Ste. C205, Calgary, Alberta, T2L 2J5, CANADA (“SMAHOOMobileMindSPA”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is managing and operating the website “www.changeclinic.org” and future mobile application “smahooMobile MindSPA”; “smahooMobile LifeSKILLs Café 2.0”; and “smahooMobile RElapseREScue” for Android and IOS smart phones and tablet applications powered by www.changeclinic.org, www.changeclinic.online, and http://www.slsacademy.ca (collectively referred to as the “smahooMOBILE MindSPA 2.0 APP”) through which it will facilitate the end-users membership subscription for Mental Health and Behavioural Change wellness remote and virtual TeleHealth counselling, coaching, relapse prevention planning and recovery continuum of care supportive services delivery, the managing the sale and delivery of various LIVE and On-Demand digital multimedia packaging as Products (“Products”) to end-users as customers, members and clients, of the hybrid LIVE supervised clinical, virtual Multimedia Self-Help and Self-Care Edu-Therapy service delivery of your (“User” or “Users” or “you” or “your”) logged in membership level benefits and/or mobile application usage once made available for download and on the go mobile service access and delivery.
- 1.3 This document is an electronic record and is governed by the provisions under the Canadian Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2020 and rules made thereunder as may be applicable, and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
2 Types of information collected
- 2.2 You agree to provide information, which shall be true, correct, up to date, and accurate. You may access, amend, alter or require the deletion of your information partially or fully by contacting us at email@example.com
- 2.4 We may collect a variety of information from you, including your name, password, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences, including any other usage and interaction details with us or our affiliates. We may collect such information which when combined with other pieces of information available with us could reasonably allow you to be identified (“Personal Information”). Personal Information shall include but is not limited to your full name, personal contact numbers, residential address, email address, gender, or date of birth.
- 2.5 We may also collect, receive, process, or store certain sensitive personal data or information consisting of, but not limited to:
- 2.5.1 Password
- 2.5.2 Financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details;
- 2.5.3 Goods and Services Tax Identification Number;
- 2.5.4 Physical, physiological, and mental health conditions;
- 2.5.5 Any detail relating to the above Personal Information categories as provided to us for providing service; and
- 2.5.6 Any of the information received under the above Personal Information categories by us for processing, stored, or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
3 Use of information collected
- 3.1 We may collect, use or process your information including Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information for the following purposes:.
- 3.1.1 For creating and giving you access to your registered account on the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP.
- 3.1.2 To develop, deliver, process and improve our Products, services, and content in order to personalize and improve your experience.
- 3.1.3 To inform you about our Products, services, offers, updates, and upcoming events, including providing you the information in relation to order confirmations, invoices, technical notices, security alerts.
- 3.1.4 For internal analysis and research purposes such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve Our Products, services, and customer communications.
- 3.1.5 To meet any legal or regulatory requirement or comply with a request from any governmental or judicial authority.
- 3.1.6 To resolve any request, dispute, grievance or complaint raised by you in relation to your use of the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP.
- 3.1.7 To detect or monitor any fraudulent or illegal activity on the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP.
4Disclosure of information collected
- 4.1 We may from time to time be required to disclose the information collected from you to our trusted third-party service providers who assist us in order to facilitate the provision of services and purchase of Products on the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP. For instance, we may share your information with third-party payment gateway provider to process transactions on the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP. By using the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP, you consent to any such disclosure of your information with third-party service providers. We ensure that such third-party service providers are bound by reasonable confidentiality obligations and/ or use, maintain and follow generally accepted industry and security standards with respect to such information.
- 4.2 We may also disclose your information when such disclosure is requisitioned under any law or judicial decree or when we, in our sole discretion, deem it necessary in order to protect our rights or the rights of other Users, to prevent harm to persons or property, to fight fraud and credit risk.
- 4.4 A third-party payment gateway provider may be required to collect certain financial information from you including, but not restricted to, your credit/debit card number or your bank account details (collectively referred to as “Financial Information”). All Financial Information collected from the you by such third-party payment gateway providers will be used only for billing and payment processes. The Financial Information collected from you is transacted through secure digital APPs of approved payment gateways which are under encryption, thereby complying with reasonably expected technology standards. The verification of the Financial Information shall be accomplished only by you through a process of authentication in which we shall have no role to play and hence, we shall bear no liability in relation to the same. We shall neither be liable nor responsible for any actions or inactions of third-party payment gateway providers or any breach of conditions, representations, and warranties given by them. We shall also not be obligated to mediate or resolve any dispute or disagreement between you and such third-party payment service providers.
- 4.5 While we make our best efforts to ensure that your information including Personal Information, Financial Information, and Sensitive Personal Information or Data is duly protected by undertaking security measures prescribed under applicable laws, you are strongly advised to exercise reasonable discretion while providing Personal Information or Financial Information while using the services given that the Internet is susceptible to security breaches.
- 5.1 The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We have implemented security policies, rules, and technical measures, as required under applicable law including firewalls, transport layer security, and other physical and electronic security measures to protect the Personal Information that it has under its control from unauthorized access, improper use, or disclosure, unauthorized modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. When you submit your information on the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP, your information is protected through our security systems. Please note that we use international and industry-recognized standards such as per applicable laws, rules, and regulations..
- 5.3 Although we make our best possible efforts to transmit and store all the information provided by you in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, you understand and acknowledge that there is no such thing as complete security and we do not guarantee that there will be no unintended disclosures of any information and potential security breaches. You agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security or for any action of any third parties that receive your Personal Information or events that are beyond our reasonable control including, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
- 6.1 Due to the communications standards on the Internet, when you visits, access or browse the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP, we automatically receive the uniform resource locator of the site from which such you visit, access or browse the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP, details of the website you visit on leaving the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP, the internet protocol (“IP”) address of each User’s computer operating system, type of web browser the User is using, email patterns, and the name of the User’s internet service provider. This information is used solely to analyze overall User trends and to help us improve our services. Please note that the link between the User’s IP address and the User’s personally identifiable information is not shared with third parties without such User’s permission or except when required by law or to provide or facilitate the User with the services. Notwithstanding the above, the User acknowledges that we reserve the right to share some of the aggregate findings, including the personal information provided by the Users in an unidentifiable, aggregate form, and not the specific data with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others in order to help grow the business. The amount of information sent to us depends on the settings of the web browser used by the User to access the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APPs. The User may refer to the browser used if the User wishes to learn what information is provided to us.
- 6.2 The smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP uses temporary cookies to store certain data. We do not store Personal Information in the cookies. Information collected by us, by any means whatsoever, that does not personally identify the User as an individual (such as patterns of utilization described above) is exclusively owned by us and may be used by us and third-party service providers for technical administration of the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APPs, user administration, research, development, and other purposes.
- 6.3 You understand that you may set or amend your web browsers to delete or disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies on your computer or mobile telecommunication device, it may impair, degrade or restrict access to certain areas of the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP.
- 6.4 We may allow other companies or entities to serve advertisements to you. These companies or entities include third-party advertisement servers, advertisement agencies, advertisement technology vendors, and research firms. We may target some advertisements to you that fit a certain general profile. We do not use Personal Information to target advertisements to you. In the course of serving advertisements or optimizing the services to its Users, we may allow authorized third parties to place or recognize a unique cookie on the Users browser.
- 6.6 We may keep records of telephone calls received from and make to Users for the purpose of administration of services, research, and development, training, business intelligence, business development, or User administration. We may share such telephone records with third parties when required by law or when required to provide or facilitate the User with the services.
- 6.7 You consent to our reproduction/publishing of all testimonials and reviews given by you on the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP in relation to the services or the Products. You agree that we may edit the testimonials and reviews provided by you and reproduce/publish such edited or paraphrased versions of the testimonials and reviews on the smahooMOBILE MindSPA APP. If the User has any concerns with the reproduction/publication of any testimonial or review provided by you, the User may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7.1 The third-party service providers with whom we may share information provided by you are not permitted to market their own services or send promotional e-mails or engage in promotional communication with you. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential, promotional, or marketing-related communication from itself or its partners.
- 7.2 If you wish to remove your contact information from all our mailing lists and newsletters, you can click on the “unsubscribe” link or follow the instructions in each e-mail message. Alternatively, you can contact us at email@example.com . We reserve the right to limit membership based on the availability of contact information. All Users will be notified by email prior to any actions taken.
8Retention of information
Name: Shirvington Hannays
Designation: Clinical Director
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org